Sunday 23 January 2011

Pruning again!


More time pruning today, spent a good couple of hours out in the garden today and can really start to see the potential.
Eilidh came out too, but wasn't too keen on most of the jobs, she finally settled to raking up the leaves and loose stuff from the garden and also emptying the wheelbarrow for me. Once she had completed a bit of raking, you could really see the garden starting to take shape, so I am getting quite excited now.


I bought some weed preventing fabric from the factory shop today, 1.5, x 8m for £4, i thought that seemed quite good, so bought 2. I think that I will use that over the garden once Alex (or me) have dug the weeds out. I didnt want to dig, as was hoping to put up boxes, but Alex has vetoed the boxes as he isnt willing to let me spend money on the wood, so said that he would dig it all for me. I hope he does dig it though, as I cant see him finding time.
I pruned the hedge along the back, up to the greenhouse. It really tidied it up. I also had a couple of boxes available, so laid them over the garden on the other side, and it is starting to take shape.
I bought some summer flowering bulbs and some red and white onion sets in poundland this week, and had wanted to have time to plant some of the bulbs in pots outdoors, but this week has been none stop, so hope to manage it next week some time. The onions have to wait until February, so hopefully we will have the first bed dug by the time they are ready to go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment