Sunday 10 April 2011

So much to show you!

We are having a mini heatwave just now, and it is wonderful! As a result, it is a pleasure to spend all my time in the garden, although at one point this morning, it was a little too hot to work!!! Plenty of cool water to drink did help mind you!
I started off this morning planting up those gooseberries, do you remember how sorry they looked for themselves a couple of days ago? Well, look at them now, they are starting to green up a little bit, and I think they look stronger.
There are a couple of others in there with them, which survived the winter, but I am not sure how well they will do...
Of course, after planting them, I had to check my pond and plant a rock and the lily from Paivi. I was hoping to catch sight of the frog, tadpoles and newt, but they must have been hiding! What do you think?

I took a quick photo of the rhubarb whilst I was up that end. After the addition of manure a month or so ago, the rhubarb has really taken off! I am sure I have counted 7 crowns!
With that done, I set to work clearing a bed for my strawberries. I bought 12 strawberry plants from homebase a week or so ago, and they were desperately needing to be planted, but look at the task ahead of me! It was difficult to make myself get started, what a task ahead of me, but, once I cleared the rubbish, and the dead grass from the top, I found the remains of the chicken wire I had covered the strawberries with last year, so I moved it, and the ground underneath wasnt so bad after all! I think it had acted as a protective mulch throughout the winter, so it was easy enough to fork it over, and dig out those weed roots! Mind you, what a fright, I was picking up the roots, when all of a sudden, out popped a frog!!!! Not a very big one, so I dont think it was the one from Paivi's, but I scooped him up, and took him to the pond. I put him down next to it, with just one foot in the water, but he hopped away! i think he may be afraid of water lol! I managed to take a photo of him, but you will have to concentrate to see him!
One final photo in today's blog, whilst I was digging the strawberry bed, I could hear the constant buzz of the bumblebees, I couldn't get a photo of one for you, they didn's stay still for long enough, but I photographed one of the blackcurrant flowers they were feeding on, they are ever so small, but it is lovely to see them opening up already!

1 comment:

  1. A centipede bite can vary from hardly visible to exceptionally painful. Lots of people Examine it to sensation just like a bee sting. Except if you might be allergic for the venom or are in extremely inadequate well being, a centipede bite isn’t significantly dangerous get know here
    house centipede bite symptoms

    ReplyDelete