Wednesday 16 March 2011

I love the sun!!!

Wow! What a fabulous day today!
I got up this morning to a frosty, foggy day, but by 10.30am the sun was starting to break through and so I got to work!
On sunday I had collected a trailer load of well rotted manure, so today I finished putting it over the two beds which were already dug.
It seemed to take forever to complete the task, but once it was done, I got to work digging another patch. I havent finished it yet, but it is well underway!!!
The third patch runs behind this one, but is longer, as it is going to go right up to the water butt.
I am so enjoying this now! My onions are coming on really well, I have more than 30 happily growing on the windowsill, I'm going to harden them off this weekend, then hopefully get Alex to fix the greenhouse and they can go in there. I need my windowsill for other things!!
I'm really hoping for more sunny days, it makes the job so much more enjoyable, and has really lifted my mood!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a lot done. What type of weather do you have over there in Scotland? Looks like it must be a nice time of year to have your gardens getting ready and wanting to plant onions! We still have snow and a frost in the ground that is slowly coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been warm and sunny the last couple of days, but was snowing last week. Still have frosts most mornings, but expecting it to steadily brighten up now! (fingers crossed!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look terrific. I've been helping my elderly parents get their garden started. We've moved to a couple of small raised beds to make it easier for them but Dad would be envious of your lovely rich soil.

    ReplyDelete